Please attach a copy of the Activity/Events Safe Operating Plan. To enable us to assess your
application, this should include detail such as, but not restricted to:
- Number and type of vessels and people involved.
- Qualification and/or experience of safety vessel operator(s) event organiser and events safety
- Numbers and types of patrol/marshal/safety vessels and how they will be used to manage risk
including preventing unauthorised vessels from entering any reserved areas.
- Emergency procedures.
- Operating procedures, e.g. briefing, start process, during the race, finishing and debriefing.
- Operational limits: e.g. wind, tide, rain, swells etc.
- First Aid equipment and number of First Aid trained personnel on site.
- Communication process (VHF, mobile phones, PA, etc.).
- A list of all safety equipment on site and carried on board vessels.
- Compliance with Maritime rules.
- Analysis of all risks involved in the event and what measures will be used to eliminate, isolate
or minimise those hazards, including aquatic weeds/biosecurity prevention procedures.
- Map of event course(s) and required reserved areas.
- A communications plan between event organisers and Council.
- Schedule of safety briefings and key messages.
- Justification for any reserved areas and bylaw uplifting requested.
- Affiliations to any national bodies.
- A copy of the insurance policy held for the event.